Accepted Materials: Leaves and grass only.
Not Accepted: Branches and twigs.
Household Organics Recycling
The following items are accepted for Household Organics Recycling. Click HERE for a printable version.
What is accepted?
• Fruits and vegetables
• Meat, fish, shellfish and bones
• Dairy products (yogurt and cheese)
• Eggs and eggshells
• Bread, pasta, and baked goods
• Pet food
Food-Soiled and Non-Recyclable Paper
• Food-soiled paper including pizza boxes, paper napkins, and paper towels
• Facial tissue, tissue paper, paper egg cartons, toilet paper and paper towel rolls
Certified Compostable Products
•Certified compostable cups, plates, bowls, napkins, utensils
*Must have BPI or Cedar Grove logo on product or product container. Search for your product here to see if it’s BPI certified.
Other Compostable Items
• Coffee grounds, filters, and tea bags
• Cotton balls and paper swabs
• Floral trimmings and house plants
• Hair and nail clippings
• Wood chopsticks, popsicle sticks, and toothpicks
These items are recyclable and are NOT accepted:
• Cartons, glass, metal, paper and plastic
These items are considered trash and are NOT accepted:
• Non-certified compostable products- products labeled biodegradable
• Foil-lined products
• Pet or human waste products
See a complete yes/no list here.