The Park and Recreation Advisory Commission (PRAC) has the responsibility of advising the City Council on park and trail development and improvement.
The commission meets on the fourth Monday of every other month (beginning in January) at 6:30 p.m. You can find the most recent Park and Recreation Advisory Commission minutes here.
Park and Recreation Advisory Commission Public Input Procedure
- Contact the Planning Staff regarding plans and park related requests. (Staff with Public Works will take care of all park maintenance concerns reported as needed)
- Request is then brought to the PRAC meeting and presented during the Presentations/Discussions section of the agenda.
- Request may become an item in the New Business section of the agenda.
- Comments regarding the request will be made by the PRAC.
- Request may then be approved or denied by the PRAC.
- If approved, request will then be addressed by City Council and be approved or denied.
Park and Recreation Advisory Commission Members
- Donna Breeggemann, Chair
- Michael Salzwedel, Vice Chair
- Grant Tilus, Commissioner
- Becky Brewster, Commissioner
- Nathan Warden, Commissioner
- Terry Stier, Council Representative
Interested in applying to be a PRAC Commissioner?
The City of Jordan is seeking applicants for the Parks and Recreation Commission. Candidates should have an interest in and use the city’s parks and trails system, be willing to investigate “in the field” and review the agenda packets in preparation for meetings, and make informed recommendations to the City Council.
There are currently three (3) vacancies on the commission for two-year terms beginning in 2019. Contact Lucinda Meyers, City Planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-492-7940 with any questions. Applications may be submitted in person or via email to City Hall.