The City of Jordan provides comprehensive residential solid waste and recycling services through a contract with Buckingham Companies. Contact Buckingham Companies to set up or change your garbage or recycling service, subscribe to yard waste or organics service, or schedule additional services.
Call (952) 226-6441
Single-Family & Multi-Unit (4 units or less)
City code requires all residential properties within the city limits and its sewer service area to use the city contracted garbage and recycling services.
Multi-Units (5 units or more)
Multi-unit properties, consisting of 5 units or more, may elect to “opt in” to the city-contracted services on a voluntary basis to obtain the rates and services as defined in the contract.
Households Outside the City’s Sewer Service Area
Residents outside of the city’s sewer service area may elect to “opt in” to the city-contracted services on a voluntary basis to obtain the rates and services as defined in the contract.
Commercial properties may choose their own garbage and recycling hauler.
Why Organized Collection?
The city of Jordan is among more than 72 percent of cities nationwide that have implemented organized garbage and recycling services. In an organized system, residential waste hauling services are coordinated by a public entity.
Organized collection systems have many benefits including:
• Less noise and air pollution and decreased truck traffic
• City coordinated education and outreach
• Consistent service throughout the city
• Increased efficiency enabling a lower cost per household
• Stable, uniform and reasonable rates
• Improved control over residents actually using garbage service
• Ability to competitively bid service on a regular basis promoting lower costs
• Ability to receive services at city owned properties at no cost