Web Based Applications:
Scott County Geographic Information Systems (GIS) has created a mapping application, called ScottGIS3 (SG3), that makes searching for parcel information easy. Simply enter an address or parcel ID number, and the map will automatically zoom to your parcel and display a host of related property information. In addition, SG3 provides access to 120 other layers with accompanying information. Enhanced tools (widgets) are also provided for drawing/measuring, map printing, mailing labels, imagery, and custom map views.
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has a wide range of natural resource maps for recreation and commercial activities. You can interact with most of these maps with features such as zoom in/out and overlays.
- National Wetland Inventory
- River levels – real-time river levels and flow volume!
- MnTOPO – Topography of Minnesota
The Minnesota Department of Transportation offers a range of transportation maps including those providing roadway data and traffic volumes.
- Enterprise MnDOT Mapping Application (EMMA) – Interactive GIS maps application with route information using the latest, updated data
- 511 – statewide traveling map with real-time traffic maps and cameras!
- Traffic Volume Maps
Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM)
The FEMA Flood Map Service Center is a helpful resource for interpreting this map.