Please note, the City’s Building Permit Policy has been temporarily changed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Our mission is to serve as a resource for creating and guiding the City of Jordan, its neighborhoods, historic downtown, and the industrial and commercial components into a sustainable future.
The Planning and Zoning Department is tasked with administering Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances (City Code Chapters 153 and 154, respectively). This includes reviewing all development proposals and applications for compliance. The department is charged with developing and implementing the City’s Comprehensive Plan and small area plans. Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Maintaining digital records including property files and planning files
- Collaborating with the Police Department on the administration of City Code Chapter 124, Residential Rental Licensing and Inspections
- Working with property owners to ensure conformance with City Code regulations (Code Enforcement)
- Preparing agendas, reports, minutes and presentations for City Commissions and Council
- Assisting in policy development and implementation
- Managing development projects and coordinating with development partners including applicants and their representatives, city staff and consultants
Lucinda Meyers | Senior Planner | 952-492-7940
Nathan Fuerst | Planner/Economic Development Specialist | 952-492-7929 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Pavek | Planning Intern | 952-492-7941 | email@example.com