About the Program:
The Jordan Police Reserve Program is a volunteer program whose members are made up of those looking to pursue a career in law enforcement and people looking to give back to their community. Jordan Police Reserves work hand-and-hand with Jordan Police Officers assisting the officers with calls, traffic stops, or anything else that may arise.
The duties of a Jordan Reserve Officer include, but are not limited to: traffic control during community events; security at school events, security at community events like Heimatfest and Celebrate Jordan; assist in officer trainings; and assist officers with their duties.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older and be enrolled in a law enforcement program OR be at least 21 years of age or older and be an area resident of Jordan.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must have a valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Applicant must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Applicant must be able to participate in a minimum of ten hours a month, including mandatory trainings, meetings, and duty assignments.
- All members are be expected to volunteer for active duty when a request for reserve help is made. This shall be on a fair share basis so each member contributes an equal amount of active duty time. Members must be willing to occasionally become available to respond to an active duty call out
To apply to be a Jordan Reserve Officer, click here: Reserve Application