Some, but not all, businesses may reopen on the condition that they do so with a plan and good Social Distancing practices. The following businesses are allowed to reopen:
- Offices – not serving customers in person (E.O. 20-40)
- Industrial businesses – not serving customers in person (E.O. 20-40)
- Non-critical Retailers – customer facing businesses may reopen in a limited capacity starting 5/18/20 – (E.O. 20-56)
- Places of public accommodation – Restaurants, bars, salons, gyms, etc. are expected to be reopened in a limited capacity starting 6/1/20
Which businesses qualify?
MN DEED has issued guidance on which businesses may reopen per the latest Executive Orders.
I qualify. How do I safely reopen?
To reopen, businesses need to have a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, and ensure proper Social Distancing protocols. A template of the COVID-19 Preparedness plan, and other guidance and limitations on reopening, can be found on MN DEED’s website.
- MN Symptom Screener – A free tool for businesses to track symptoms of employees on site, developed by the State of MN and Target. All data is confidential and anonymous.
- Touch-free Digital Thermometer – Target is making these contact free thermometers available to businesses through their business account at wholesale prices.
City Staff are here to help!
Please feel free to reach out to Nathan Fuerst, Economic Development Specialist for help with any aspects of safely reopening your business.